Intro to 3D Design & 3D Printing
Just press PLAY, and let the video lessons guide your student through 16 weeks of 3D Design & 3D Printing FUN!
Join our Facebook group to stay connected.
Level: Elementary & Middle School
Duration: 16 weeks
This course offers an introduction to the fundamentals of 3D Design for elementary and middle school students. Students work on hands-on projects and learn how to use Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software to create their designs. They are introduced to 3D printers and learn how to export their files to bring their designs to life.
This course is designed to be completed in 16 weeks. It includes 13 weeks of Lessons and Exercises in video format and 3 weeks for the final Project. The Lessons are designed to introduce students to the various topics included in this course. Exercises allow students to apply what they learned in the Lessons and create a design. The Project at the end of the course allows students to complete comprehensive designs with limited instructions. This basic CAD course assumes no previous design experience or training.
Students in this course learn to:
● Combine building blocks to create shapes
● Move, rotate and adjust shapes freely in space
● Group together a set of shapes to create detailed models
● Export files for 3D printing
STEAM Skills Development:
● Analytical and Spatial Thinking
● Problem Solving
● Technical Design
● Project Planning
1. Getting Started/User Interface.
2. Shape Properties/Copy/Paste/Duplicate/Group.
3. Using Holes to Subtract Volume.
4. The Align and Mirror Commands.
5. The Workplane and the Ruler.
6. Importing/Exporting Files, and 3D Printing.
MATERIALS & REQUIRED SUPPLIES
This course requires access to the Internet, a computer or laptop, and a mouse. Access to a 3D printer is recommended but not required.